Telehealth has been a fantastic option for Ellen to keep up with her Recreational Therapy during COVID-19.
Guided by Rec Therapist Ieesha Arnold, they exercise, do yoga and dance—Ellen loves Michael Jackson.
Between sessions, they joke around, take breaks to virtually visit aquariums around the world together via live cam and even play charades.
Rec Therapy is critical service for many of the people we serve.
Provided by Board-certified Rec Therapists, it targets all areas of motor, social and cognitive function because it is:
- Tailored to the needs and goals of each person
- Builds confidence and coping skills
- Offers one-on-one attention, support and encouragement
- Boosts emotional health and self esteem
- Incorporates skills into everyday activities tailored to individual interests
- Enhances cognitive skills
- Improves fine and gross motor skills
- Promotes a higher quality of life
- Prevents decline in physical, cognitive and psycho-social function
- And offers a creative outlet that reduces secondary disabilities and higher health cost