Take Time Out For You.
Sometimes parents and caregivers need a break from caring for their child with disabilities, so Noble’s Respite Care provides in-home care (ranging from a few hours to a planned vacation) for individuals with disabilities. Our Respite Care providers are over 18 years old, have met state requirements, have a valid driver’s license and references, and are certified in CPR and First Aid. What’s more, they’re trained to help you take time out for yourself.
- Take a much-needed break
- Spend time relaxing or trying out new hobbies
- Use Respite for a night out, a family emergency or a doctor appointment
- Relax knowing that your loved one is receiving quality care
- Respite is covered under your loved one’s Plan of Care
- Respite cannot be used when parents are working or for sibling care
- Families and providers are matched based on personality, location and availability
- You interview and select your Respite Care provider
- While Noble provides the initial training, you provide any situation-specific training, including medication administration, implementation of any behavior plan, and assistance with adaptive equipment.
Apply In No Time.
Applying is easy. Families utilizing waiver or CICOA funding need to contact their case manager to choose Noble as their respite provider. Our Respite Manager will then set up a home visit to get to know you and help you complete the necessary paperwork.
A Noble Life: Sophia
All families need a break from time to time, and this can be especially true of parents who have children with disabilities. Sophie has an enchanting smile and the energy to match. So when her parents came to Noble for Respite Services, they chose a college student who understood Sophie’s needs and enjoyed playing outside just as much as she does. Now they can relax knowing that their daughter is in the capable care of a Noble Respite provider, who just happens to love playing freeze tag.
Funding is provided under Medicaid Waiver, Caregiver Support and CICOA funding. The Aged and Disabled Waiver covers Attendant Care.
If you or someone you know would benefit from Respite, please call us at 317-375-2700 to learn more. Or click here to share some information with us, and we’ll get back to you.