The Indiana Resource Center for Autism—in conjunction with autism leaders from school districts across Indiana, and others—will host FREE weekly Zoom Meetings this summer on topics identified by family members to be of particular interest.
Presentations start at 2:00 pm (Eastern Time) and last approximately 30 minutes. There will be time for general questions and answers afterward. If you have questions about a specific child, please email Dr. Cathy Pratt.
- JUNE 18: Building Executive Functioning Skills—Ideas will be shared for practicing executive functioning skills in home settings.
- JUNE 25: For Parents of Newly Diagnosed Children: What Can I Do?—In this presentation, practitioners from across Indiana will be sharing tips, ideas and strategies to help you support your child during this time.
- JULY 2: Puberty is Coming, Let’s Get Prepared!—This talk will give you some pointers on changes to look for and strategies to support your pre-teen.
- JULY 16: Transition to Adulthood: Planning for Life After High School—This discussion will focus on the when and how to start planning for your child’s future.
- JULY 23: Preparing for the School Year: Post COVID—This talk will include ideas or tips for re-entering the next stage of schooling to help relieve anxiety and maximize success.
- JULY 30: Changes in Routine: Preparing for the Inevitable—This talk will include tips for preparing for the inevitable part of life…change.
- AUGUST 13: Sensory Strategies and Self-Regulation—Learn practical strategies to help address sensory and self-regulation issues in the home and community.
- AUGUST 27: Tips to Support Your Anxious or Upset Child—This talk will offer strategies to intervene in the moment and ways to support our children in learning how to regulate their own emotions.