For Jay P., Noble’s Recreational Therapy is simply a lot of fun. While this therapy is designed to enhance a person’s independence in life activities, promote health and wellness, and reduce any limitations on living a fuller life, Noble’s Recreational Therapy service accomplishes all this by keeping fun front and center.
Because Jay’s Cerebral Palsy has left his right side weaker than his left, he and Recreational Therapist Lauren Seger use their time together to build strength and prolong his endurance. He also uses the time to increase his focus through games and activities he chooses. His favorites are bean bag toss, giant dominoes, action ball and card games.
Recreational Therapy helps individuals with developmental disabilities by working on all areas of motor, social and cognitive function.
- Tailored to the needs and goals of the individual
- Builds confidence and coping skills
- Offers one-to-one attention, support and encouragement
- Boosts emotional health and self esteem
- Is offered in the home or in the community—it’s up to you!
- Therapists certified by the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation
- Skills are incorporated into the activities you choose and like to do
- Enhances cognitive skills
- Improves fine and gross motor skills
- Activities include creative arts, sports, dance, drama & adventure programming
- Promotes a higher quality of life for you and your family
- Prevents decline in physical, cognitive and psychosocial function
- Offers a creative outlet that reduces secondary disabilities and higher health costs
Want to learn more? Contact us today!