Promoting Health and Wellness.
Our Board Certified Recreational Therapy is designed to restore your level of functioning and independence in life activities, promote your health and wellness and reduce any limits on living a fuller life. By utilizing various activities like creative arts, sports, dance and drama, Recreational Therapy can improve your physical, cognitive, emotional and social functioning and increase your independence.
Get Back to Living Life.
Recreational Therapy works on all areas of motor, social and cognitive function because it is:
- Tailored to the needs and goals of each person
- Builds confidence and coping skills
- Offers one-on-one attention, support and encouragement
- Boosts emotional health and self esteem
- Incorporates skills into everyday activities tailored to individual interests
- Enhances cognitive skills
- Improves fine and gross motor skills
- Promotes a higher quality of life
- Prevents decline in physical, cognitive and psycho-social function
- Offers a creative outlet that reduces secondary disabilities and higher health costs
How To Get Involved.
Whether your life is directly impacted by a disability or you care about someone who is facing challenges, we offer resources, services and supports that truly make a difference. Over the years, we have impacted thousands of lives, helping individuals achieve their dreams. And you can help us impact thousands more by volunteering your time or financially supporting our mission. Together, we can Dream it. Live it.™
Case History: A Noble Life.
Nathan is a young man of many interests. He loves playing a variety of sports and games, so he is using Recreational Therapy to help him increase his ability to focus and follow directions. Together with his Noble Recreational Therapist, Nathan chooses games to play on the iPad or they head to the gym to play soccer or shoot hoops. Whatever the activity, the choice is Nathan’s, and their one-on-one time every Tuesday is one of the many highlights of his week.
A Medicaid Waiver-funded service, our Recreational Therapy is provided in the community, at your home or at any of our Central Indiana locations.
If you or someone you know would benefit from Recreational Therapy, please call us at 317-375-2700 to learn more. Or click here, share a little information with us, and we’ll get back to you.