The cold weather can play havoc with both your health and your utility bills. As The Arc of Greater Indianapolis, Noble works with The Arc of Indiana to refer families who need assistance with their utility bills.
- Family with a dependent child under the age of 18
- One or more residents in household must have a disability
- Thirty days income verification
- Family income at or below 250% of federal poverty level
- 2 person household – $40,600
- 3 person household – $51,050
- 4 person household – $61,500
- 5 person household – $71,950
- 6 person household – $82,400
- Families served and/or eligible for First Steps Services
- Families receiving or on a waiting list for Medicaid Waiver Services
Eligible Utility Support Services
- Funding to prevent disconnection of services
- Funding to reactivate services
- Funding to cover utility debt back to one year from date of application
- Deposit assistance to begin services
- Up to two months heating or cooling utility bill assistance
First Steps The First Steps System Point of Entry (SPOE) may refer families by providing The Arc with pages 1-3 of the family’s First Steps Enrollment Form, which includes a listing of household members, family’s monthly income, and indication of need for utility assistance.
Medicaid Waiver Medicaid Waiver service providers may refer families by providing The Arc with a form provided by The Arc or the provider which includes a listing of household members, family’s monthly income, and indication of need for utility assistance.
Eligibility Determination Process Families who have been referred will be contacted by The Arc’s Utility Support Program Coordinator to complete the eligibility review process and develop a plan regarding what services will be provided. All payments will be provided directly to the utility company.
For more information, please visit The Arc of Indiana or call 317-977-2375.